Found yourself looking for inspiration in filling those hours spent indulging over Christmas? I’ve found myself looking outside the box to entertain, particularly with these short evenings.
Weekends allow for a bit more variety. You can get good value for those hours of daylight! I love combining leisure with exercise. These are a few of what I’ve been getting up to:
- Hill/mountain climbs- Knockfierna, Lough Gur, Ballyhoura and the Galtees are a few around the Limerick area.
- Walks with water features- walks in Ballybunion, UL into town, Curraghchase (bring your own, or borrow, a dog to change it up a bit!)
- Sport matches- student seated tickets for the Munster v Connacht match were just €10!
- Driving range- golfing isn’t my greatest skill!
- Horse riding- for a greater adventure Clonshire offer fantastic riding treks and lessons for all levels.
I write this looking from inside home out and realise the need to bring that fun indoors! This is what I have for you:
- Movies/ Netflix- If you’re like me, you’re already blue in the face from them!
- Tennis/ Badminton
- The Wii or PlayStations at home- we’ve had a great time in our house with Wii Sport recently!
- Board games/ puzzles
- Cooking/Baking- it can comply with your New Years resolutions!
These are very simple, very cheap options to overcome those January blues. If you feel tied to goals you are sticking to, none of these suggestions should have you off target- be it health, fitness or finance related. Enjoy!